Careers / Senior Designer
Daily Paper is an Amsterdam- based fashion and lifestyle brand established in 2012 by three childhood friends. Fueled by a rich heritage of African culture wrapped in contemporary designs, Daily Paper has become one of the fastest growing lifestyle brands. We specialize in “street-couture”: casual wear that’s influenced by the concept of identity and unique African heritage.
As Senior Designer, you will be responsible for the development from sketch to tech-pack for a wide range of product designs, reflecting the Daily Paper values across every one of your designs. You’re passionate about staying up to date with design trends, streetwear, and African & youth culture. You will be working in close cooperation with Technical and Production teams and will report to the report to the Head of Design.
- Take on a leading role within the design team; overseeing developed collection until first proto, respecting deadlines
- Research and identify trend directions; create concept/mood boards, analyze collections, perform competitive analysis; produce trend boards with garment sketches & fabrics, trims;
- Apply findings from research to a seasonally relevant, cohesive collection that is well balanced in fabrication and is thoroughly merchandised;
- Keep up-to-date with current season sales and create a fast-react product in the season to meet demands;
- Direct design for several categories for Mens and Womens collection including accessories
- Create Tech packs and technical drawings in Illustrator
- Liaise with the technical department in fitting samples
Requirements & Competencies
- Hbo/ Bachelor work and thinking level
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with design in a fashion brand;
- Innovative and highly talented: your portfolio is full of inventive designs and you enjoy brainstorms and developing initial ideas to sketches;
- Passionate about digital culture and a passion for African artists and fashion;
- An expert eye for detail, design, pixel perfection, and layout;
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop. Translating design sketches
- Great organization and communication skills, with the ability to work across diverse projects, keep within tight deadlines and manage expectations
At Daily Paper we offer employees to be part of our international, fast-growing brand. In this environment, you can make a difference and develop yourself. Our team is young, passionate and creative. We’re committed to world domination; we work hard but we also know how to party. We’re and looking for ambitious people that would like to join our family to achieve this goal.
Are you interested in this position?
Mail your CV and cover letter with optional a photo to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write in the subject of your email ‘Senior Designer Job’.