Careers / Technical Designer
Daily Paper is seeking a Technical Designer.
Working in a team where you will be responsible for the technical design tasks. The job will focus on assisting the design team and development of the Daily Paper menswear and womenswear collections. You will be involved in the design aspects as well as the production and will function as a link between the two departments. The position includes design development, making techpacks, technical drawing, making fit comments and sizecharts as well as fabric sourcing. You must have a good sense of design, a good understanding of construction, knowledge of fabric qualities and an eye for trends. You need a high level of Illustrator and candidates must have a keen eye for detail and the ability to work under time-pressure.
- Responsible for developing a design from drawing to first sample.
- Responsible for making techpacks and advanced technical drawings.
- Responsible for making sizecharts and measuring garments carefully.
- Responsible for making fit comments based on the first sample.
- Responsible for communication between the design and production departments.
- Responsible for communication with production manager and factories.
- Responsible for proposing innovative ideas and problem solving solutions.
- HBO work and thinking level.
- Fulltime available.
- Fluent command of English language.
- Competent in solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Based in the Netherlands.
- Experienced in design/ development/ production.
- Highly skilled in Adobe Illustrator and making techpacks.
- Problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Are you interested in this position?
- Mail your CV with photo and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Put ‘Technical Designer Job Function’ as the subject of your email.